If anyone does not take care of his own relatives, especially his immediate family, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever. 1 Tim. 5:8
When I was in shock and dismay about my ex taking everything from us in 1998: (our home, life as we knew it, friends, family, my home business, activities-4-H & Saddle Club, our Sunday traditions, etc...) a VERY WISE 'older' woman... whom I met by writing for her circular in 2006, said to me:
Did he have the love of God?
"More so than I!"
How do you KNOW?
"He reads the Bible through every year"
The Devil was there when it was written
"He knows all the scripture references"
Men added those, not God
"He never cusses, drinks or smokes"
Monks do that
"He lays on his face and prays."
Satan worshipers do that, what else?
"He tithes 10% to the penny"
"Cults do that"
"He teaches Sunday school and preaches for pastors"
Satan is in the front row; my question to you is, 'Does he have the LOVE OF GOD?"
"What is that?" I asked
She was the instrument that God used to begin the long process of healing my wounds. I learned that day, the difference between religion, and the LOVE OF GOD.
And, just for clarity...he took everything away BEFORE I left him. NOT after.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment