Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Lies of the Head & Lies of the Heart

There was a time when I believed I must tell the truth to every devil and demon I came across. Because I thought that I was to be truthful to an extent.I spent many years telling the truth to my detriment. To my ruin.

While talking with a retired Government Agent (who spent decades chasing down and capturing sociopaths & narcissistic criminals)I finally realized that I was gravely wrong. Had he been focused on being a "truthful" man (to an extent) he would have been killed when he was young. Many of the criminals he rid our world of, would still be loose today and we would have to deal with them.

Speaking the truth 100% is sometimes not only impossible- but there are times that it is the WRONG thing to do.
Why is it not,'100% possible'? partly because we are human, and the other part is because, this world is filled with evil.

Evil forces are either coming at us, or it is lurking around us waiting for the opportunity to entangle us.
The human part of us will coward:
*sometimes we do not want to hurt someone's feelings
*or we just do not want to face the consequence of being honest
*or we make a false statement before we even realize that we did

We usually justify them by naming them as,'fibs' or, 'little white lies'. They are usually not planned out ahead of time and this is partly what makes them okay to us.

"You see, Dear, there are lies of the head and lies of the heart. It is the lies of the head that are criminal and evil." This is because they are planned out and purposely used to do wrong.

I always knew I would lie to save someone or maybe even save myself. Corrie Ten Boom lied to the Nazis for years while she and her family hid those whom they preyed upon. I never had a problem with that.
Corrie lied because her heart could not tell the truth that would send innocent people to torture and death.

But when the heart is Evil, the head makes up all kinds of lies way far ahead of time and uses lies to further selfish causes.
Lies of the head are thought through, planned and are intended for a primary reason-to serve the liar in selfish gain.

Why would the Bible tell believers to be wise as serpents- after all, the serpent was a representation of the Devil, who deceived Eve. The serpent twisted the truth and caused a huge impact on Eve and our world. His lie was thought out and planned. The plan worked. Eve was a dove, gentle and honest. She believed him and repeated the lie to her mate.

Had she recognized what he said as a lie that would cause so many problems in the world (not to mention her own life) she might have taken a rock to his head.

Be gentle as a Dove, but be wise. Do not cast pearls before swine and encourage them to render you. Recognize the wolves who pose as sheep. Do not commit to them the truth in every situation.

NEVER ever tell the truth to a Devil.

No comments: