Monday, November 2, 2009

Could it Be?

While true Christians (I mean those who leave the saving up to God while humbly accepting salvation for themselves) know what it means to "love they neighbor", false "christians" pretend to know by putting on a display of acts that convince the onlooker. However, within the confinement of their cold, and dark souls, they have no clue how to "feel".
Twenty years ago, I sat in a park with some fellow home schooling mothers, and discussed what it meant to, really "walk with Christ".
The discussion got rather heated while I was insisting that, Christians should always be on the lookout for ways to help their "neighbors". Immediately, one mom said, "Well, we can't ALWAYS know what people need."
Wow.
What a cop-out.
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know what the motive was behind that defensive remark! and you don't need a college degree to figure out what would help someone who is struggling.

This woman went on to play "devil's advocate"-picking at things I was saying and trying to trap me into a scenario that would make it impossible to serve certain people.
Finally, out of impatience, I said to her, (she was all about "looking and dressing like a 'godly' woman): "Well, God wants to see our fruit, not our polyester suit".

That pretty much ended the discussion!

No comments: