"The Cautious Often Show Wisdom"...dictionary.com
While it is preferable to keep one's head down in the sweet grass, munching away....there comes a time in every Sheep's life, when truth and facts must be faced. The sheep must lift his head, and look around at his environment; and take note.
Whether you are a "he" sheep, or, a "she" sheep, I will always refer to you as, "he"-it's easier, so sorry if I offend.
The first thing my new pastor said to me (when I advised him my unwillingness to come to a church who would be friendly with the wolf in my life) was, "You are being paranoid."
DUH!~ did he not learn the difference between paranoia and caution? just because a deer refuses to step out from the safety of the forest-does not make that deer, "paranoid". In fact, I'd say, "that is a very WISE deer"; one who is using what he already knows, or has learned. This pastor must not know much about predators.
ANYONE-and I MEAN ANYONE who even TRIES to call you, "paranoid" just might be a wolf themselves. I have NEVER been accused of being paranoid when speaking with victims of wolves. In fact, I am usually accused of NOT being cautious enough.
Those who have been chewed up and spit out, know what caution is.
Hopefully, this pastor is just uneducated, and not a wolf himself.
Monday, September 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment