About fighting back.
For years, I have been disturbed to hear it said that all fighting is "violence". This teaching comes from silly people who use all kinds of foolish reasoning to support this asinine belief.
I have had to experience a lot of abuse, over half a lifetime, in order to understand why fighting back is good. Defending oneself is NOT violence. The word, "violence" means to violate-i.e. to take something away without asking, without being provoked, and without reason.
Defending oneself is a response to already having been assaulted and violated!
I was an atheist as I fought my way to my 20's. It was 'do unto others BEFORE they did unto me'. I guess I should have held that mindset :() but as I began having children, I wanted to give them something solid to believe in; so I began searching. Then, I read the book: Adventures into Immortality- that did it for me. I wanted to know that I was not going to end up in a bad adventure after I died.
However, in order to get to a place where I have assurance of this, I had to suffer many things...
Because I became a Christian after researching all the options.
Over the next 15 years, I learned the hard way, the difference between: God and religion. Religion fits into a malignant Narcissist's lifestyle quite well. In fact, I believe that religion was devised by them; and the Cannon was tampered with by them.
Even so, faith is still with me.
I have learned that,
God loves; religion controls. Jesus gave, religion takes.
Jesus was violated and did not fight back because He is God and it was not time.
We are not God.
According to ancient writings, there will be a day when Jesus does fight back, and then, blood will flow. Violence, anyone?
For professing believers of Christianity (or any religion for that matter) to use belief in God to exalt self is a mark of evil.
Self-sacrifice IS: self-exaltation.
Fine for God. But, we are not God.
"Look at me, I am so spiritual, filled with the Holy Spirit, I am so close to God that I am GODLY and I do not fight back.I turn the other cheek and give up my shirt when my enemy asks for my coat." This, is exactly what religious narcissists want.
Good little sheep! who take any and all abuse dished out to them. Good little sheep who take away the sins of the world-why, they barely need a Savior!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment